Accueil Blog Accueil Sport Broadcasters: 4 days in Paris
12 young people from Lyon and Saint-Etienne went to Paris to meet with sport journalists and commentators upon their participation to Sport dans la Ville’s “sport broadcasting” program.
Launched in 2015, this program is designed for young people from Job dans la Ville program to help them mastering commentating technique while giving them a boost of confidence. It also helps them develop their public speaking and oral skills. Thanks to this exercise, they also develop their critical thinking.
They have been gathering for monthly workshops but also during the holidays. In April, our 12 participants went to Paris for a football-filled trip.
On the schedule:
– Visits and meetings with professional commentators at RMC Sport (Maryse Ewanje-Epée and Vincent Moscato), Canal + (Ludovic Duchêne, Xavier Giraudon, David Berger and Hervé Mathoux) l’Equipe (Messaoud Benterki, Candice and Raphaël Sebaoun) and beIN SPORTS (Julien Brun and Darren Tulett).
– Broadcasting session on a beIN SPORTS set
– Attending football TV shows: Canal Football Club (Canal +) and Champions Show (beIN SPORTS)
– Participating on a live radio show on RMC Sport
– Visit of the Stade de France
Thanks to Canal +, beIN SPORTS, RMC and l’Equipe, our 12 commentators have experienced a tremendous trip. It allows them to discover new jobs and a new environment.
Young commentators also had the chance to visit UEFA headquarters to watch the Champions League semi-final between Monaco and Juventus. It was a rewarding experience that made them understand what goes behind the curtain of UEFA football games.